Areas of future research that the company are currently planning include:-
- Further Warner Bratzeler Shear Force tests to develop our correlations with meat tenderness.
- Tests to determine if there is a correlation between tenderness and fat quality i.e. the level of poly unsaturated fats and saturated fats and Omega 3 and 6 fat.
- Taste tests to determine a correlation between tenderness and taste and the CLMS system.
- Exploration of scanning devices that will electronically replicate the current human evaluation system.
- More work in integrating linear measuring into the system.
- Research and development into value added meat products for future markets that can add value to the secondary meat cuts